Thursday, July 23, 2009

Seattle

John and I are on an adventure, while our kids are having "Texas Summer Camp" with the grandparents.

The adventure begins in Seattle.  Here is Pike Place Market.  We arrived while the vendors were setting up.  We haven't seen anyone throwing fish (I guess we were too early for that), but it was cool to see the hustle and bustle of everyone getting ready.




The flowers are amazing.  Huge, beautiful, and inexpensive.  If I lived here, I think I would buy myself fresh bouquets all the time.

These crawdads are even bigger than the ones in our pond.


I am intrigued by  the inflatable red Indian (or First Person) on somebody's balcony.




The Seattle Aquarium is very nice.  Not huge, but very nice exhibits.






We had lunch on Pier 54 at Ivar's (fish and chips) and fed some of the leftovers to the gulls.  They're even better at catching tossed fries than most dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment