Sunday, July 26, 2009

Alaska, Day 2

This is our group (minus me - I didn't feel like setting up the tripod) at dinner last night.  It is a great group of people.
Here's the van we get around in.  The trailer is set up beside it with all of our lunch fixins, so we could pack ourselves a sack lunch.
Just the parking lot of the lodge where we stayed.  I thought the low-lying clouds were really pretty.
Click on the picture for a bigger version and check out what you're supposed to do in case of a bear attack:
Today we hiked 8 miles round trip (6 hours) with a 3,000 foot elevation gain.  It was a difficult, rewarding, beautiful, and wet hike.  It drizzled or rained the entire time, but we stayed cool and enjoyed the incredible views and changing terrain and flora along the way.




Exit Glacier:







2 comments:

  1. It's good to know that when a bear starts to eat you then you should fight back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your trip!

    Chrys

    ReplyDelete