We had an excellent 4th of July! The kids spent some time exploring the flower garden, while I picked weeds.
We were afraid we would have to spend the evening indoors because of the rain, but instead, we got to enjoy rainbows and temps in the 60s!



In past years, we've enjoyed the fireworks over Lake Estes. With the predicted thunderstorms and John being on call, I didn't want to drive up there and end up watching in the rain from the safety of the car. So we decided to stay home, and I am so glad we did! We purchased some little, legal fireworks and set them off in the front driveway. Several of our neighbors were out doing the same. The kids really enjoyed the camaraderie of it.

John and Campbell had fun writing/drawing with their sparklers. And I had fun with 5 second exposures. :)
Some of our more distant neighbors had a spectacular (probably illegal) show going on. Campbell was concerned that maybe we should call the police.






Great shots of a fun weekend Ashley!
ReplyDelete