Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday is actually tomorrow, but I celebrated with my family this evening. John picked up the kids from school, so I had time to get a massage. :) Then we all went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. John carried in a huge covered turkey roaster to the restaurant; the entire staff was speculating on what was inside. After a wonderful meal, the waiters and I finally got to see . . . this lovely cake that John and the kids made for me:










I had made zucchini bread yesterday, so the kids thought zucchini cake would be a good idea. John took one of the loaves and sliced it to add the layers of cream cheese icing in the middle. Then the kids put all the yummy stuff on top: pecans, crushed peppermint, sprinkles, icing gel, twizzlers, and peanut butter swirl chocolate chips! I've never seen a more beautiful cake; I don't think any more love could have fit on the top! :)


Thank you, dear family, for a wonderful birthday!

2 comments: