Wednesday evening, a wine expert named Fabrizio came to the hotel to give us a wine tasting. He spoke excellent English and we learned quite a bit in the hour that he spoke.
These are the wines we tried - a Chianti Classico, a Super Tuscan, and a Brunello. I think he said #1&3 are 100% Sangiovese grapes.
Chianti Classico - very see through - a good, light wine to drink with dinner in the summer:
The Super Tuscan - a little more full-bodied, smelled lovely to me (I'm not enough of an oenophile to describe the nose properly, but I liked it and could see myself drinking this regularly) - this one was a Cabernet Franc:
Brunello- slightly brown color on the edge - seems like a great wine for a cooler evening:
Then we had dinner at the hotel restaurant:
Choice of desserts - tiramisu, coffee gelato, lemon sorbet served in a frozen lemon:
No comments:
Post a Comment