These pictures are from my birthday last year. I don't know why I never got around to posting them at the time, but I just ran across them again today, so I wanted to make sure they ended up here, since I no longer scrapbook, and blogging (+Facebook) is just about my only record of our lives.
My birthday was truly one of the best days I had all summer. I dropped of both kids at school, and then John & I went to Estes Park to meet my dad and brother for a bike ride. We rode for about an hour, and it felt great (and the scenery was lovely, of course).

Then we went to Coffee on the Rocks, and my mother and Courtney and Bell joined us.
At home that evening, we were able to celebrate with my kids, as well. This is the traditional strawberry cake that my mom has made for me almost every year of my life. I love it!
And this is the crazy cake that my kids made for me. :) It's pretty wacky and didn't taste very good, but I LOVE that they spent the time on it, and I love their silly senses of humor.
My 40th birthday is coming up this summer. I'll have a big party, but it will be hard to beat last year's celebrations.




No comments:
Post a Comment