Friday, May 17, 2013

Campbell's 12th Birthday

Campbell's birthday is another important even I didn't get around to blogging about last year. Starting early in his life (approximately 2003 or 2004, right after Dan Brown published The Da Vinci Code), we starting doing treasure hunts for Campbell's birthday. He would have to solve the clues to find his presents. This year was probably the 9th or 10th year of this tradition.

2012 Clue #1:
The sheet music on the piano is "Right Here Waiting". His first gift and next clue were waiting for him right there in the piano bench.
 Clue #2 (Hint: Spanish):



 Clue #3 was with the gift he found under his bed.


 Clue #4 on the gift in the attic:
 He was pretty excited about the D&D 100 sided die:
 More cards and gifts from extended family:
 Dr. Who cake ("Bow ties are cool."):


Later, on the weekend, he had a few friends over for a D&D party. I made a cake that kinda looks like a dragon (if you look closely and use your imagination), and I hired a friend to make the cake pops that are in the shape of various D&D dice.
 I don't know if the numbers have any significance. Just my kids being silly again.


1 comment: