Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vancouver, Day 6

This was our last day of vacation. John ran a half-marathon in the morning. The route was along the sea the entire way, the weather was perfect for racing (cool), and he ran a PR - 1:43. I am very proud of him. The kids and I met him at Stanley Park, where the race finished. This is Helene climbing an unusual tree in the park. I don't know what kind it is. Then we walked back to the hotel together. The other two pictures were taken along the way back. Campbell took the one of me and John. I need to ask him to do that more often. We rarely get a picture of the two of us.

We got back to the hotel, packed up, and headed home. As we drove from the airport in Denver back to our house, we saw the sunset. I realized it was the first time we had seen the sun all week! It was a beautiful trip - fun city, great rain forests, and some good food - but I am so glad to be home!





No comments:

Post a Comment