Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vancouver, Day 5

On Day 5, the kids and I took the Seabus across the water to North Vancouver.




We arrived at Lonsdale Quay and discovered that it was the day for their Farmers' Market, so we bought some strawberries to snack on during the day's adventure.
Then we took a bus to the Capilano Park, a forest right next to the suspension bridge we visited the other day. I really wasn't planning on coming back to this area, but Campbell really wanted to visit the salmon hatchery that we didn't have time to see the other day. So, on the way to the hatchery, we unexpectedly ran across the:



It was a really beautiful surprise. Then, we walked about a kilometer through the rain forest to the hatchery.

Here are salmon swimming upstream
and where they raise the juveniles.
The hatchery was interesting, but we really didn't get to see much. I'm glad the scenery and the nice walk made the day worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment