Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Is in the Air






I planted tulip bulbs last fall for the first time ever. It is so exciting to see them coming up!! The last couple of weekends have been absolutely beautiful here. Everybody has been doing yard work, and kids have been out running around the neighborhood in packs. I feel like we've been hibernating since November; this is refreshing.




It snowed in the middle of the week last week, and there's a chance of snow later this week, too, but at least we have breaks of sunshine and 70 - 80 degree weather in between. We spent much of this morning in our yard, and most of the afternoon at a park.




We've planted a few seeds in our vegetable garden - early spring crops that should survive a few more snows and give us some nice veggies in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to the true summer crops soon. I've hardly eaten a tomato all winter because I got spoiled on the ones from our garden last summer, and store bought winter tomatoes just don't taste the same.


The calf next door adds to spring feeling. I often look out to see her romping and frolicking with the neighbor kids. Really cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment