So, related to the Chinese inventing paper, we recycled paper today by shredding old, used computer paper and turning into our own paper. We also experimented with adding designs in another color. We shredded some black construction paper and used its pulp and cookie cutter molds to create the black shapes you see in the picture below. The one on the left is a black cat. It was our first experiment with this process, so it may not be recognizable, but we know what it is! The one on the right (still on the screen) is a capital "I". Campbell thought it would be funny to make a "black eye". Get it?! I wonder where he gets his love of puns from . . .
Another completely unexpected adventure in homeschooling . . . the kids got to pet a brand-new calf today. As we were outside making paper, I looked over into my neighbor's yard and saw a cow. Come to find out, it has been there for 2 days. I'm not very observant, apparently! I think they're just keeping it temporarily. I'm sure it's against the HOA rules. But for now, it's pretty cute. Her name is Annabelle.
How random to have a cow next door. I will follow Campbell's blog. I am sure it will be interesting. Have fun homeschooling.
ReplyDelete