Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Game of Cat and Mouse

While cleaning and cooking yesterday afternoon in preparation for a dinner party, I looked up to see Tobie standing at the door with an offering in her mouth. I had a hard time continuing to cook, so if you have a weak stomach, don't look at these pictures! (I was nice enough not to take a picture of the remains John had to sweep off the deck when all was said and done.)




The really gross, yet amusing, part was when she proceeded to play with the dead mouse, tossing it into the air and swatting at it.








Later that same evening, our super hunter cat showed up with a second mouse, to the great amusement (or possibly disgust) of our dinner guests!

On a more palatable note, we had a wonderful dinner party with three other families, some of our closest friends. We had eight kids and eight adults here. Each family had one son and one daughter, all blonde. Not a requirement for friendship, but an interesting coincidence! The kids all got along fabulously, and I think the adults did, too. We had a great time!!

3 comments:

  1. You and John are fantastic hosts. The party was great, only wish you had a little more food. ;)

    And the second mouse was GREAT! I'm glad Killer could show me first hand how great he is at catching mice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. last summer at the Pittsburgh Zoo a mouse somehow got into the Monkey cage. We stood there for about 15 minutes (it was probably only 5 minutes but seemed like forever) watching the poor thing as it would try to scurry away from the monkey who would then catch it and throw it into the air. Eventually the mouse died. It was amuzing for all of the kids and very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on what Chris said. We had a blast and I am surprised & happy all the kids got along so well.

    I was at the party wasn't I? I heard some talk of mice but had no idea. Had I already had a beer or was I trying to find something to eat?

    Thanks again guys for such a great evening!

    ReplyDelete