I recently got the opportunity to try out modeling for an athletic-wear company, Skirt Sports. The whole experience was so much fun! I showed up at a park, got to wear some comfortable, high quality workout clothing, and play at the park! One of my favorite things was having a professional stylist do my hair and make-up:



Here are two beautiful women I got to work with:
And the big surprise for me . . . I ended up on the cover of the catalog!
And two pictures of me ended up on the inside pages, too:
The whole day was such a great experience. I work well with the photographer (who is a friend of mine and the whole reason I got to have this experience), and all the ladies who work at Skirt Sports are fun, laid-back athletes, and great people to be around. I also admire how the company uses real athletes to advertise their product - active moms in their 30s and up are their best consumers, so why use 20-year-old-Barbie-doll-perfect models?A couple of weeks after that first shoot, Skirt Sports decided to add some videos to their website, so consumers can see how the product moves and understand all of the product's features. I had to get a spray tan to make my ghostly white body acceptable for the lighting required to make a good video (and that was a fun experience in and of itself). But other than that, no make up or hair styling required for these! Here is one example of the end result:
The others can be seen on the company's website - look under the SHOP tab, then BESTSELLERS, then click on just about any individual item. They are also all viewable through this site.
One of my favorite parts of the video process (besides the end result) was helping to figure out the choreography. It's amazing how much thought and effort goes into every little detail of a 30 second web clip. And another great benefit . . . I think I'm stocked up on cute, functional, comfortable workout clothes for life!
What a fun thing to get to do. They obviously have good taste....especially picking your pic as the cover!
ReplyDeleteThat is way cool and suits you very well. You photograph and videograph (??) very well...looks like you've been making those vids your whole life. Great job by you and the whole crew!
ReplyDelete