I competed in my first tournament today. It was a great learning experience. Since I started over at white belt when I joined Alpha Martial Arts, I am now only an orange belt in their style. So I competed at the intermediate level. The people who do tournaments at the black belt level have been competing for years, so I think this was a good place for me to start and see how the whole process works. There were 17 competitors in my division, males and females, 35+. The first place winner was my training partner, Chris, with scores of 9.04, 9.05, and 9.06. The second place winner was a Kung Fu/Mu Shu man, with scores of 9.04, 9.03, and 9.02. I came in third place, with 9.04, 9.03, and 8.97. I see lots of room for improvement, but I am proud of myself and glad to have this first tournament under my belt. I can't wait for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment