Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Black Belt Test

Following are pictures from my Black Belt Test this past Saturday, January 23.



stretching and warming up






Bobbie took all these pictures of the test, and got this adorable one of his wife and son while he was at it!


doing forms (2 random ones, chosen by our master instructor)






sparring (just a short round, basically a demo)





board breaks (triple whip kick followed by a tornado roundhouse)






receiving my black belt!!! (being tied on by a master instructor from Denver who comes to help with testing, but is not our regular instructor)



Once it was on, I could not stop grinning.



Chris, Master Song, and I



As a part of my testing application, I had to write an essay about my journey in the martial arts. Here is a link to my Black Belt Essay.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your black belt...you definitely earned it (and I've got the bruises to prove it). :)

    ReplyDelete