I am so proud of Campbell and Helene! They worked hard on their science fair projects, and it paid off. Campbell got a medal for third place amongst all the third graders, and Helene got a medal for third place amongst all the Kindergartners. John and I tried to be there to give them examples of good projects and attractive displays, to teach them about the scientific method, and to offer advice. But other than that, we tried to be hands off and let the kids do their own projects.
The students were given a list of topics from which to choose. Their school is a core knowledge school, so the topics were concepts that fit in with that curriculum according to grade level. Campbell did his on gravity. I think you can click on the picture to see a larger version, on which you can read his hypothesis, etc. John taught him how to use Microsoft Excel to calculate P-values and other statistical stuff I don't know anything about. But Campbell gets it!
No comments:
Post a Comment