Now Helene will have one, too. We took the kids to the Rec Center today to swim. Helene was in John's lap on the twisty tube slide. They had been sliding over and over again and having a blast, but this last time, Helene sat up instead of leaning back and bonked her head on the tube. She has a pretty deep horizontal cut. The lifeguards did a quick patch-up job, then we took her home, so John could do a better job.



He used the kitchen table as a surgical table and glued her up. Helene was very brave.

John told Helene that stitches create less of a scar, but Helene insisted that she wants a scar! I'm writing this down, so we can remind her of it when she's a teenager. She asked why anyone would not want a cool scar on their forehead. I told her 16-year-old girls are silly and get upset about any little blemish on their face. She laughed and said she'll never be that way. That's my girl!
OUCH!! You got yourself one tough cookie, there.
ReplyDeleteSorry. I wasn't actually in the room, so I just assumed that they had done their job . . .
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they recognized her dad was from LUH and knew he would take care of things.
ReplyDelete