Sunday, October 26, 2008
Trail Running
When we first moved to Colorado, I went for a hike in Chautauqua Park and saw people trail running. I remember thinking, "Wow! Those people are animals. I can barely breathe at this altitude, and they're running up rocky trails, hopping over logs!" Well, a few months ago, I finally got up the nerve to try it myself. I went for a trail run with my dad, brother, and husband, on a hiking trail just up from Glen Haven. It was beautiful and exhausting, and I loved it. I had not had (or perhaps just not made) the opportunity to do it since then. But today, when I told Chris that John was going to run in the mountains, Chris and Kathy were nice enough to offer to watch our kids, so that I could go with him. It was so much fun! I'm not fast, and I even had to stop and walk for a few minutes, but we ran for 40 minutes total, and I felt pretty good about it overall. John took me to Heil Ranch, a place he runs whenever he gets the chance. It was beautiful. I can see why he goes back. I hope I get to go with him again soon.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment