Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Magic Kingdom

Today was my first day in The Magic Kingdom in 20 years.  That makes me feel old!  But everybody is a kid again at Disney, right?  All four of us had a great time.  We spent 8 hours at the park and decided that was just the right amount of Disney for us for one day.


At dinner this evening, we rated all of the attractions we visited today on a scale of 0 - 10, then averaged the results.  Here is The Magic Carpets of Aladdin ride.  We gave it an 8.


I think this was taken on the Pirates of the Caribbean, which we rode twice and gave a 6.25.  I'm not sure how accurate our rating system is, now that I look at these last two and compare.  Hmmm. . .


This was on the Thunder Mountain Railroad.  I couldn't believe my baby girl was sticking her arms up in the air on a real roller coaster.  I love roller coasters, but even I am scared to do that!  This ride got an 8.5.



John and Campbell in front of Tomorrowland.  We liked several of the rides and attractions in this section.  We gave Buzz Lightyear a 7.25 and Stitch's Great Escape a 3.25 (yes, it was really that bad).
Helene is either a total model, hamming it up for the camera, or she hides and refuses to have her picture taken.

John finally snuck a shot of her:
The carousel got a 3.25.  There was nothing wrong with it, but compared to all the other attractions at Disney, well, it's just a carousel . . .

Here is Space Mountain.  This is one of the rides I remember clearly from my 9th grade church choir trip.  I rode it 5 times that day!  And it's still just as much fun!  We rode twice today, and we gave it a score of 9.5.
This was Astro Orbiters - pretty basic carnival ride - scored a 5.


We had a really fun first day at Disney.  I'll write more about the other attractions we saw at a later time.  I'm tired now.  That's the sign of a fun-filled day.  Epcot tomorrow!

Here are our other scores:
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - 5
Haunted Mansion - 8
It's a Small World - 5.25 (John and I agree that this is a "must do" despite the low score.)
Buzz Lightyear - 7.25
Mad Tea Party - 4.5
Mickey's Philharmagic (a 3D movie complete with extra effects that you can feel and smell) - 6.5
Hall of Presidents - 3.5 (amazing animatronics, but the kids were bored)
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - 6.75

2 comments:

  1. Nice shirts!!

    Glad y'all are having fun. Looks like the weather is cooperating nicely. Amazing how wiped out you can get by roaming the park for a few hours. Enjoy Epcot, I think you're going to really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Disney, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, all of it. I can't wait to someday take our kids.

    ReplyDelete