Here we are in Germany, where the beer and pretzels were actually authentic and really good. :)
I think walking around the countries was my favorite part, but would have been more fun without kids. I don't like taking my kids into the stores because they want everything in there, and I hate saying, "No," over and over again. So, it's not particularly fun browsing the shops with them. About halfway through, we discovered that there are "Kidcot" stops were the kids can decorate masks and add ornaments to them from each country. I wish we'd noticed that earlier; the kids had a good time with it.
Cookie and Tommy flew into Orlando today, and we met them for dinner. There are quite a few good restaurants right across the street from our hotel (we're staying near the conference center.) We've enjoyed Ming Court, Red Rock Canyon Grill and Maggiano's. John's conference started today, so it will just be the kids and their grandparents and I. We talked about doing one of the other theme parks today, but decided our time was best spent doing the Magic Kingdom again. There are things we missed and rides we want to do again. We're ready for another adventure-filled day!
These pictures were taken in Colonial America, at the Pearville Fair. Campbell thought it was pretty funny to put his mask on for the picture in the dragon pear.

Campbell's favorite ride of the day was Mission: Space. It's a simulation of a flight to Mars. There are two versions available, and we chose the "more intense" version first. The guys loved it. Campbell said the best part was the pressure from the G-forces (interestingly, that's the only part H & I didn't like). Helene & I later did the "less intense" version and liked it better. It was exactly the same, just less pressure and speed.
Helene's favorite ride was the Test Track. I didn't do this one, but I think it's like driving a race car around a track.

Campbell and Helene also liked Spaceship Earth (the big ball at the entrance) because we got to design our own future and see pictures of what our lives might be like.
Cookie and Tommy flew into Orlando today, and we met them for dinner. There are quite a few good restaurants right across the street from our hotel (we're staying near the conference center.) We've enjoyed Ming Court, Red Rock Canyon Grill and Maggiano's. John's conference started today, so it will just be the kids and their grandparents and I. We talked about doing one of the other theme parks today, but decided our time was best spent doing the Magic Kingdom again. There are things we missed and rides we want to do again. We're ready for another adventure-filled day!
Another great day! I agree with you about the kids and the countries...I enjoyed roaming those kid free last time we went. And the test track ROCKED! Helene has great taste in rides.
ReplyDelete