Friday, July 10, 2015

Zürich

We finally got to Zürich yesterday around noon. First stop: lunch at Zeughauskeller. Beautiful ceilings, antique weapons all over the walls, and delicious food. 
Then we wandered around town for a couple of hours


and toured a church (Fraumünster), including 185 steps up one of the spires. 




These tiny footprints ^ were at the base of one of the stairways. Can anyone enlighten me as to why?
Then we strolled down to the water to sit and read for a bit before catching our next train. 



3 trains and 2.5 hours later, we arrived at our hotel in Lauterbrunnen. I love this town. I remember this area very clearly from when I visited with my family 30 years ago. So glad I get to experience it again!

Hotel Siberhorn and views from the hotel

^That metal building on the left is where the gondola to Grütschalp departs, right beside our hotel.

Dinner time stroll:


And quite possibly the best meal I've had so far this trip - Farmer Röstli (roast potatoes covered in cheese, mushrooms, onions, and ham):


No comments:

Post a Comment