We continued to eat and drink our way through Munich Wednesday afternoon. We planned to take a night train to Switzerland, so we put our big packs in a locker at the train station and wandered around all day and evening. Thankfully it was 20° cooler than the previous day, so very pleasant for walking.
We spent a lovely afternoon strolling through the English Garden, enjoying the Japanese tea house:
Later, we walked through town. By the time we got to the Marienplatz, it was emptier than I've ever seen it. I guess because it was past the Glockenspiel time (but I've seen that so many times; it was nice to enjoy the architecture without fighting crowds).
We ate dinner at an outdoor cafe overlooking this church. Three girls (street performers) were playing violins, much to our dining enjoyment.
It was a perfect day.












I think it wa are English garden that we visited during the a&m study abroad when lots of Germans decided clothing was optional. Hopefully you did not have the same experience.
ReplyDelete