Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Prost!


We arrived in Munich at 1:00pm and took a train straight to the heart of the city for a stop at the Augustiner Keller Biergarten. This is a very old, traditional Biergarten, with long wooden tables under big shady chestnut trees. Munich is undergoing a heat wave at the moment. It was in the 90s and felt especially sweltering since we were still toting all of our luggage with us. So a Radler in the shade was just the thing! I also got a plate of curry wurst and pommes, one of my favorite snack foods in Germany. 

After our break, we took another train and a subway to our hotel. It's called Motel One, and I chose it for its reasonable price and central location. It also happens to be a very nice hotel, and the breakfast this morning was delicious!
That's the view from our window. 
And here's the room (with my luggage all over the bed), small but comfortable:

After cleaning up, we took the S4 out to Eichenau to have dinner with Hanni Fleck. She's the English teacher I stayed with every year when I brought my German students over for the exchange program. It was lovely to catch up with her after 15 years! We had a nice meal at an Italian restaurant, although my jet-lagged brain had some trouble keeping up with the mix of German, English, and Italian being spoken. 

Now, after 10 hours of sleep and a healthy, hearty German breakfast, we are ready to spend the day exploring Munich!

1 comment: