Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Hike a Week - Mt. Sanitas

When we first moved to Colorado 7 years ago, the thing I was most excited about was hiking. We always vacationed near Estes Park when I was a child, and we would spend almost every day of those vacations hiking. So to me, Colorado = hiking. We have hiked quite a bit since living here, but still not as much as I would like to. Since the kids are old enough now to either keep up with me on a hike or to stay at home by themselves, I have made it my goal to hike at least once a week all summer.

My first hike, today, was by myself to Mount Sanitas. I did a loop that was very steep on the ascent and had a gradual, wide open descent. 3.5 miles total. I brought a book and did a little reading at the top, but not as much as I would have liked because it was a little too windy to be comfortable for very long.











Beautiful hike. Beautiful day. I feel like I've started off my summer on the right foot!

1 comment:

  1. And the left! Way to go, A great goal for the summer. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete