Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Post A Week (maybe)

I have a friend who is trying to post a photo every day this year and blog about it.  The pressure of that would just stress me out, but I do think I will make it more of a goal to post something weekly.

Today's theme: sunsets and sunrises

This is the view from my family room this evening:


When I see this much orange and purple through the windows, I run for my camera.  I was without a camera for a couple of months this fall, and it killed me to see this beauty and not be able to capture it.  Not that a photo truly does it justice; the colors here are exquisite, but at least now, with a new camera, I can capture some small part of it to look back on later.

Two more of tonight's sunset:


And yesterday's sunrise:
Looks like the sky is fire, doesn't it?


I've had thoughts lately of wanting another house.  A smaller house, closer to my son's school, and perhaps with an HOA that allows chickens.  This large house out in the boonies (okay, 10 minutes from town) was great over the winter break, but as the kids started back to school today, I had thoughts of moving again.  It sure would be convenient to be closer.

These photos remind me of why we bought this house in the first place.  The views.  When we walked in here with the realtor 6 years ago, the blinds were all open, the house was empty, and my eyes were immediately drawn outwards.  I gasped and said, "John!  This is the place!"  He shushed me and told me to keep a poker face in front of the realtor. :)  There are many places closer in to town that do not have a view of the mountains at all.  I love the mountains.  Always have.  And living here, I realize how volatile they are.  They change every day . . . in amazing and awe-inspiring ways.  This is why we live here.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how your house with the open blinds could suck you in. Gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete