On Friday night, we were invited to a friend's surprise 40th birthday party. He loves the 80s, so his wife requested that we dress accordingly.
John (with a mullet) and I

Travis (Magnum PI) and Trish
with August and Madison
Rich, the Birthday Boy

Debbie and Stacy
(I love the stirrup pants. How could I have forgetten about those?)

Hans (sporting a Branch Davidian T from 1993 and the clothes he typically wore in the 80s - jeans and a flannel shirt) and I (wearing rocker chick attire that I never would have worn in the 80s. Actually, that is a sweater I bought at The Limited in the 80s, but it was not an off-the-shoulder style until I cut it that way just for this party.)

Dave and Karen (who made the trip here from California without the proper attire, but Debbie was able to lend Karen a rugby) and Bridgit (who came straight from work, but did manage to get her hair up in a side ponytail and sport some hoop earrings)

Dale (total preppy, who actually had all of these items of clothing in his closet)

John (looking good in his leather pants and setting up the Karaoke)

Steph (who still managed to look beautiful even dressed in clothes from this tacky decade) and Dale (holding up their lighters as Rich performs "Higher Love" on the Karaoke)

Wow. Just, wow.
ReplyDeleteI want some of those pants.
ReplyDeleteWait...did you have to procure them or did you already have them?
John, I find it slightly disturbing that your name came through as "daddy". Everyone, that is NOT how I refer to my husband. No comment on the rest of his comment . . .
ReplyDelete